Book Worms Unite!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OMG I HAVE THE BEST IDEA!!!

3 posters

Go down

OMG I HAVE THE BEST IDEA!!! Empty OMG I HAVE THE BEST IDEA!!!

Post by Linda Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:43 pm

Why don't WE write the fourth novel?? A small one, obviously, but it would be nice Razz
I'm totally starting it.
A few sentences or paragraphs each Razz
Title: Unknown

Are you sure you want to do this?
Of course.
Linda
Linda
Admin
Admin

Female Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

OMG I HAVE THE BEST IDEA!!! Empty Re: OMG I HAVE THE BEST IDEA!!!

Post by hanabanana Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:52 am

is the italics the story?
hanabanana
hanabanana
Hyper Worm
Hyper Worm

Female Number of posts : 122
Location : over the hills and far away...the **teletubbies**have come to play!!!!
Registration date : 2008-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Linda Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:02 am

Well it's meant to be a discussion between Saphira & Eragon, obviously Razz
Linda
Linda
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenster Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:34 am

haha that would be funny. But each person should probably write a paragraph or two, just so that we keep the story on track, it will get MUCH too confuzzling otherwise.
Jenster
Jenster
Admin
Admin

Female Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2008-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by hanabanana Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:22 am

O YEAHHH

SMART SMART
hanabanana
hanabanana
Hyper Worm
Hyper Worm

Location : over the hills and far away...the **teletubbies**have come to play!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Linda Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:29 am

Okay okay I'll finish my paragraph(s)
Let's just forget the stupid accents for now.

Are you sure you want to do this?
Of course.
Hesitantly, Eragon extended his mind towards the golden orb in front of him - Glaedr's heart of hearts, his Eldunari.

He gasped.

The consciousness he found himself in was so immense, he almost became disoriented just by staying within it.

Tentatively then,
Master?
Linda
Linda
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenster Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:00 pm

There seemed to be a stirring within the Eldunari, and then Eragon gasped. Glaedr's heart of hearts seemed to open up and he felt suddenly overwhelmed by the sorrow within the dragon soul. He was very nearly lost. And then he felt Saphira, her mind pulled at his, dragging him back to his own mind and body. At first he wanted to resist her, but after a second, he joined her, searching for himself amidst the seemingly endless entity of Glaedr.

Thank you Saphira

Hate to say I told you so she said.

Eragon was about to reply but he was interupted.

Eragon? Saphira?

Eragon froze, unsure of what to say to the broken dragon. Saphira came to his rescue.

We are here, Master.
Jenster
Jenster
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Linda Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:38 am

So it is you. At last.

Glaedr seemed to be struggling with coherency; every word was forced and brought on fresh waves on sorrow. Hundreds of years spent bonding with your soulmate clearly didn't disappear quickly.

Eragon finally found the courage to say something.
Master, we've found it. We've found Galbatorix's weakness, and think we might have a chance to get around it to him.

So. It is true. I sus --

Oromis. His silver hair gleaming in the big-round-fire-in-the-sky. A quick maneuver of his thin-webbed-gold-wings, with partner-of-the-heart-Oromis holding on with just his legs. Trees reduced to mere specks on the landscape below, a water-river gurgling happily with flecks of white saliva to show for it. Diving through a wet-white-cloud and cleaving it in half with his claws. A roar of excitement escaped his jaws, followed by a stream-of-fire. Partner-of-the-heart-Oromis was waving his arms now, exhilarated and ...
An immense longing filled the three, overwhelming and paralyzing.
Linda
Linda
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenster Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:21 am

Glaedr let out a heart wrenching roar and Eragon and Saphira shuddered.

Leave me! he whispered in an agonized voice Leave now!

Eragon was reluctant to leave, but after a second both him and Saphira retreated from Glaedr's Eldunari.

So... now what?

Saphira seemed to shrug. We go back later. Give him a day or two. We do need his advice but it will have to wait. For now we are on our own.

Eragon sighed. I had really hoped to tell him-

I know. Now come, little one, Nassuada and the others will be waiting.
Jenster
Jenster
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Linda Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:19 am

Spelling: It's Nasuada. Not Nassuada XD
Note that while you're typing, if you press ctrl i, you'll get an italicize...then if you press it again, you'll unitalicize.

With one last glance at the heart of hearts, seemingly more menacing than before now, Eragon reluctantly turned around and swept his robes before him.

Why must I wear this rediculous dress?

Saphira snickered. It is your way, is it not? Humans. Hah! Under normal circumstances I'd tell you to shed your pitiful clothing and show the scales you have underneath...but as it is, all you have is some peach-colored skin, like that of an apple. When you peel off the skin, however...She mused.

Eragon cuffed Saphira on the nose playfully, who in return snorted and let loose a river of fire over ten feet long, blackening the ceiling of the hall they were now walking through. Age-old portraits of past dragon riders stared down at them, offering no advice yet expecting the impossible of them.

Fulfil your destiny, they seemed to say.

But what is that destiny?
Linda
Linda
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenster Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:07 pm

Come, if we do not hasten we shall be late.

Eragon stiffled a sigh and followed swiftly after Saphira.

As it was they were the last ones to enter the Nassuada's council chamber anyways. She gave Eragon a quick look that made him want to hang his head in shame but said nothing. He took his place at the meeting table.

"As I was saying," stressed one of the elders with a quick look at Eragon, "Our priority must be the third egg. The battle with Galbatorix is already too close. If he gains another rider, we shall surely be defeated."

"I still don't see the point!" another member objected, "Saphira is the only female dragon, Galbatorix has his hands tied. We do not need another dragon, not at the risk of our rider. Besides, Galbatorix is unlikely to find a rider that would cause it to hatch, it will sit in his lair for another thousand centuries before he find a rider for it."

"Are you forgeting everything?!" demanded the first speaker, "Do you not remember how Galbatorix gained his second dragon?! Would it really be so hard to force another rider on this third egg?!"

The council was silent at this outburst.

Say something, Eragon whispered Saphira.

Like what? You forget that I am still only a boy in their eyes. And they will argue back and forth no matter what anyone says. It is always the same. One meaningless argument after another, never accomplishing anything by any of it.

Then maybe it is time that we do something about it.

Eragon did not reply. It was true, unless someone took action the council would eventually disinigrate. The unity among the members was fragile and ready to break. If the friction lasted much longer...

He sighed and looked carefully at Saphira. What do you think we should do?

Last edited by Jenster on Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jenster
Jenster
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Linda Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:51 am

Have I not already told you what you should do? She snorted distastefully, then arched her head over her back to clean her scales.

Eragon rose, elaborately decorated robe brushing at his feet.

I really must get one that doesn't make me look like a woman.

Eragon!!

Right.

"We have come to discuss Galbatorix's weaknesses. Until a few days ago, we were certain he had none other than that of the third egg, which, if the Varden could hatch, would tip the scales in our favour. But Saphira and I now know that this is not the case. In our recent trip to the elves, we discovered that Galbatorix has an immense power far beyond our imagination, the likes of which have not been seen since the Dragon Riders' rule. I am forbidden to disclose to you the exact source of his power, but..."

"Then how do you propose we plan this invasion?" Jormundur demanded angrily, switching from his normally calm facade. "We know not a way past his defenses, have no way of overwhelming them through force, have to deal with those laughing painless maniacs...and now you're saying that we have one thing we can use against him, but cannot know exactly what this is?" Others murmured their agreement. "I just don't see how - "

"Enough!" Nasuada boomed, slapping the table with the palm of her hand. "Eragon has a sound opinion, and I know of the weakness he speaks of. This source of the King's power can be turned against him! Let us listen to our Rider speak."

"Thank you, my Lady. As you said, the source of his power can be turned against him, if only we find a way through it. This source comes from many objects, stolen and enslaved to Galbatorix against their will, each granting him unimaginable power. However, if we were able to take them back, or at least a large number of them, the King would no longer be as powerful as he is now; rather, his strength would not be that much more than that of Saphira and myself. It would then be possible to defeat him. This is the same reason why Murtagh is so powerful himself; he has been given several of these objects as well."

Bravo, Eragon.
Linda
Linda
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenster Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:43 am

"And these... objects... you propose to mount an expedition into the heart of Uru'baen itself to retrieve them?" mocked one of the council members.

Eragon jutted his chin out obstinately, "At this point there isn't really any other option. I would prefer to find another mean to retake the... objects, but it is doubtful such an opertunity would arise and Saphira and I shall do whatever it takes to rid Alagaesia of Galbatorix."

"Even if it costs the Varden your own lives?"

Eragon was silent for a moment but did not lower his gaze, "Yes. If our deaths would rid the world of Galbatorix forever, we would go willingly, joyfully even."

Nasuada cautioned Eragon with her eyes. He had pushed his point far enough, now was time to back down. Eragon gave her a subtle nod and sank back a little further into his chair.

You did well, little one.

But was it enough to convince them?
Jenster
Jenster
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Linda Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:12 am

You convinced me. But really, did you --

Saphira fell silent as the thick oak doors of the council room scraped open.

TO BE COMPLETED
Linda
Linda
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Linda Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:32 am

"My Lady Nasuada. You have a visitor. It would not be wise to keep her waiting."
"Excuse me, noble members of the Council. The meeting is adjourned...for now. Think over what you have heard today, and we will meet again to discuss what measures will be taken."
Nasuada stood up, regally exiting the room.
Eragon followed.

Well. That was...interesting.

Quite. Eragon grumbled. We barely got anything done! As we tarry, Galbatorix is rallying his forces for a full-scaled attack on the Varden. The elves are preparing to attack more cities to the north, and we adjourn our Council of War for a mere visitor! Have Oromis and Glaedr died for nothing? Soon it will be too late!!

Peace, little one. All will be right in time.
Linda
Linda
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenster Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:19 am

Eragon let out a frusterated sigh and came dangerously close to pouting. Saphira seemed to find this amusing and let out a quick snort along with a small puff of smoke, which only annoyed Eragon further. Before he could complain she turned and left the coucil chamber, leaving Eragon to trail after her like a small child. As they continued Eragon's annoyance was soon replaced with curiousity.

Who do you think this visitor is? he asked Saphira.

She did not reply and he did not push the matter. A messanger was waiting for them at Eragon's tent and he ran forward as soon as Saphira came into sight. However his sprint slowed to a brisk walk as he neared the mighty dragon and he gave her a wide birth while eyeing her carefully as he came around to meet Eragon.

"Lady Nasuada has requested your presence, Shadeslayer. And yours too, Brightscales," he added quickly.

Eragon nodded, "Thank you, we shall go there directly."

You do not wish to change out of those woman clothes first? asked Saphira.

If she had not still been ahead of him, he would have boxed her nose again, however she seemed to feel the sentiment and slapped him playfully with her tail, knocking him out of line and into a young woman who had been walking past. Eragon apologized profusely but the woman was quick to disagree once he finished,

"No, no, Argetlam, the fault was mine entirely! Excuse my cumsiness!" saying so, she curtsied gracefully the way a devoute worshiper would before their god.

Eragon was going to protest but he could tell that she would not be swayed and Nasuada was waiting. With a touch of annoyance at the lady's overblown respect he gave her a quick nod and continued on.

No doubt she shall go home and tell her humans how fortunate she was to actually bump into the mighty Shadeslayer! commented Saphira.

Eragon tried to glare at her, but she was still a ways ahead. The respect some people hold for me is beyond rediculous!

Saphira didn't say anything, but it looked like she was just holding in a laugh.

They reached Nasuada's tent without further incident and waited as they were announced. Eragon stepped into the tent a half second before his introduction was finished, too impatient to wait any longer. Saphira stuck her large head in through the flap after him. Eragon's eyes widened in surprise and a large grin lit his face.

"Arya!"

However neither the elf nor Nasuada were smiling.

Last edited by Jenster on Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Jenster
Jenster
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Linda Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:59 pm

Nasuada has one s, and I don't really like the last two sentences. Remove them? I'll continue as if they are invisible.
~~~
"One of Islanzadi's spellcasters contacted me not five minutes ago." Turning to Nasuada, "I apologize for disrupting your meeting. I understand it was important."
Back to Eragon and Saphira, "Galbatorix is on the move. His armies are massing in Uru'baen, and it is clear that they will move to attack either the elves, the Varden, or both. We are not strong enough to ward him off, especially if he comes with the soldiers and casts more enchantments on them. If he goes, we don't stand a chance. If he stays, we may yet defeat them, although this is unlikely. However, there is one promising aspect to this; there is no way that he will take his eldunari with him if he does go to battle. That will be the ideal time to strike. As I tell you this, elvish and human historians are working on finding another weakness to his stronghold in Uru'baen. If you can get a hold on quite a few of the eldunari, we cannot fail.

"You must go to Uru'baen as soon as we find the weakness. Prepare yourself."

With a twirl, Arya swept out of the room.

Eragon's head was reeling. So much so, that for once he did not notice Arya's grace, the way her body swayed even as it moved with inhuman speed.

So soon? Why now? How is Arya so sure that there is a weakness? How am I supposed to steal the eldunari from under his nose? Surely Galbatorix has placed wards around the hearts! What should I do? Who...

Eragon. Do not worry. All will be right in time.

For the second time that day, Saphira repeated her words. Despite the trial he was about to face, Eragon could not help but feel comforted.

Have I ever told you I love you?

Yes, she purred. I love you too.
Linda
Linda
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenster Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:00 pm

Thank you. Wow... that last bit I did was pretty bad... don't know what I was thinking Rolling Eyes And yes, I always have trouble with her name, fixed that too.
~~~~~~~~
What are we going to do?

Saphira snorted with disdain, Exactly what Arya told us.

Eragon was surprised at her sarcasm almost as much as her willingness to obey.

Her tone softened, You trust Arya, do you not?

Of course!

You believe her council to be wise; you would put your life in her hands?

Yes. came his soft reply.

Then why should you panic at the thought of trusting her now?

Eragon was silent. He knew what she was getting at. And it wasn't Arya that he had a problem with, it was walking blindly when he had a thousand questions burning in his throat.

Although I think it would be wise not to tell anyone else of these new plans. Nasuada knows, Arya knows, and we know. That is already a large number. We shall continue on as if nothing happened and make and plans in secret.

Eragon expected this, but it was still comforting to hear something new.

I do have one objection though... before we leave, there is one more person we must consult.

Give it a little more time, Eragon. He is still grieving. His loss is not one any dragon should have to face. her voice darkened at the end and Eragon had no doubts as to how she wished to die, or rather, who she wished to die with.

All the same, we must speak to Glaedr before any substantial plans are made. He is wiser than all of us and I have no doubt he will be more than capable of shedding some new light on the situation.

Last edited by Jenster on Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jenster
Jenster
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Linda Thu Dec 25, 2008 6:34 pm

I think we have an issue with you and commas/periods/semi-colons.
Here is a brief English lesson.

A clause is something that has both a noun and a verb.
A subordinate clause falls under this; however, it cannot stand by itself.
Ex. When she walked
A main clause also falls under this. It CAN stand alone.
Ex. She walked.
Main clauses and subordinate clauses can go together. They are separated with a COMMA.
Ex. When the clock struck three, she walked to the market.
In this example, the first section is a subordinate clause, and the second is a main clause.
However, when you have two main clauses, they must be separated with either a period or a semi-colon. A comma is too weak to separate them!
Ex. The clock struck three; she walked to the market.
This is correct.
Ex. When the clock struck three; she walked to the market.
This is WRONG.
Ex. The clock struck three, she walked to the market.
This is WRONG.

Ex. Give it a little more time, Eragon, he is still grieving.
This is also wrong.
You need:
Give it a little more time, Eragon. He is still grieving.

Ex. You believe her council to be wise, you would put your life in her hands?
This is also wrong.
You believe her council to be wise; you would put your life in her hands?

Do not overuse semi-colons, however. They should only be used when the two main clauses are directly linked to each other.

Colons should be used when the second part EXPLAINS the first.
Ex. I hate my mother: she is always yelling at me.

Got it?
Linda
Linda
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenster Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:14 pm

Hehe. Mostly. But please don't delete that cause I'll forget it Razz And besides, there are people with worse grammar than me! (Although not as many with worse writing...)
Jenster
Jenster
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hanabanana Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:15 pm

LOLLL you guys have been doing so WELL with the story i'll just leave you guys to it...i actually REALLY like it so far!
hanabanana
hanabanana
Hyper Worm
Hyper Worm

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenster Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:43 pm

lol you could write something. All the really good writing has been Linda's so far Razz I think I'm just hindering her and she's being nice and tolerating it, I suck at fanfiction... well, actually I've never really done it like this before... which is probably why I'm not doing any good Very Happy
Jenster
Jenster
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hanabanana Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:14 am

no.. yyou're good too!!!!!
hanabanana
hanabanana
Hyper Worm
Hyper Worm

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenster Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:08 pm

Well you could just try to write something, it's not like you aren't good enough to write crappy fanfiction. Razz I'm still waiting for someone to reply to what I wrote so you might as well rather than both of us spaming up this topic Very Happy
Jenster
Jenster
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum